Myrtle Beach Friday Fax Memo
To download a printable .pdf of the Friday Fax, click here. To receive this weekly listing of meeting schedules and agendas via email, send your email address to email@example.com.
FRIDAY, JUNE 14, 2019
1. Next week’s meeting schedule is attached.
2. Just a friendly reminder that business license renewals are accepted without penalty until Monday, July 1. The City of Myrtle Beach mailed more than 9,000 business license renewal notices in March 2019 to businesses located within the city or those that do business inside city limits. Current licenses expired May 31. Business license renewals were due by June 1, but are accepted without penalty until July 1. For more information, call the Business License Office at 843-918-1200.
3. Would you like to serve on a volunteer board, commission or committee for the City of Myrtle Beach? To be considered for one of these volunteer positions, submit a letter of interest and a brief biography or résumé to the City Clerk, P.O. Box 2468, Myrtle Beach, SC 29578. Or, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you'd like to deliver your biography or résumé in-person, bring materials to City Hall, 937 Broadway Street, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577. The following boards, commissions and committees have vacancies....
- Bicycle and Pedestrian Committee (1 seat)
- Cemetery Committee (2 seats)
- Chapin Memorial Library Advisory Board (1 seat)
- Employee Recognition Committee (3 seats)
- Human Rights Commission (2 seats)
- Myrtle Beach Convention Center Hotel Board (2 seat)
- Myrtle Beach Housing Authority (1 seat)
- Recreation Advisory Committee (6 seats)
- Seniors Advisory Committee (2 seats)
- Technology Advisory Group (3 seats)
- Tourism Committee (5 seats)
- Waccamaw Regional Board of Directors (1 seat)
4. The International Student Outreach Program (ISOP) for visiting J-1 international students continues on Tuesdays, through July 2. Volunteers from throughout the community, many speaking the languages of our visiting students, provide weekly orientation programs on Tuesdays at 9:00 a.m. The programs take place at Seacoast Vineyard Church, 504 27th Avenue North, and cover a variety of topics, including bicycle safety, banking, Social Security numbers, transportation, hurricane preparedness, living arrangements and local activities.
5. Looking for something to do in Myrtle Beach? Visit our Events webpage for a comprehensive list of activities. See https://www.cityofmyrtlebeach.com/Events.pdf. This file of city-related festivals, concerts, programs and more is updated weekly with new information.
6. New equipment has been installed along the Cabana Fitness Trail on North Ocean Boulevard, and that’s the subject of our Photos of the Week. If you’re looking for a workout with a great view of the ocean, try these 10 pieces of equipment. The trail stretches along the Cabana Section, and each station comes with instructions about how to perform the exercise.
7. Did you know... That the city offers a grand total of 86 shower towers for beachgoers at beach access points throughout Myrtle Beach? The free showers and foot washes are available for folks to rinse off sand when they are leaving the beach.
To see previous Friday Fax Memos, visit the Friday Fax Memo Library webpage.