International Student Outreach Program (ISOP) Community Forum and Business Meeting at 9:00 a.m., Thursday, March 21
Everyone's invited to the International Student Outreach Program (ISOP) Community Forum and Business Meeting at 9:00 a.m., Thursday, March 21. The meeting will be held at Ground Zero, 904 Chester Street, with complimentary parking in the Pavilion Parking Garage.
Learn more about the J-1 Visa Summer Work Travel Program, an important part of the Myrtle Beach area economy and community. Employers, community leaders and all interested parties are encouraged to attend. This is a free event, with coffee and light refreshments provided.
Why should you be there?
• Learn about the Myrtle Beach International Student Outreach Program (ISOP) and how to get involved
• Understand the responsibilities of the Summer Work Travel participants, employers and sponsors
• Meet businesses who employ these students
• Hear from the J-1 Visa Sponsors in the program
• Understand the role of the US Department of State in the program
I. Introduction – Myrtle Beach Area Hospitality Association
II. The State Department’s Point of View for 2019 – US Department of State
III. What it means to be a Sponsor on the Grand Strand – CIEE
IV. What you need to know about the J-1 Program and United States Social Security Administration
V. Challenges of Student Housing – Myrtle Beach ISOP Volunteers
VI. City Code and Living & Working in Myrtle Beach – City of Myrtle Beach Construction Services
VII. Responsibilities of being an Employer – Local Business Owners who employ J-1 Students
IX. Closing Remarks