Myrtle Beach celebrates Arbor Day at 3:00 p.m. on Wednesday, December 12
The public is invited to attend! This year, an evergreen tree will be planted and the city will receive its 22nd consecutive Tree City USA recognition from the Arbor Day Foundation. In case of rain, the event will take place in the first floor conference room at City Hall, 937 Broadway Street.
The Community Appearance Board will also present the following awards for projects this past year….
• Outstanding Use of Natural Indigenous Landscape – CVS, 3411 Socastee Boulevard
• Outstanding Landscape Design Incorporating Stormwater Management – Publix Supermarket at Grande Dunes, 7925 North Kings Highway
• Outstanding Dramatic Landscape Through Effective Use of Lighting and Building Placement – Hollywood Wax Museum, 1808 21st Avenue North
• Excellence in Tree Preservation Through Building Placement – Farm House Restaurant, 500 North Kings Highway
• Outstanding Creative Landscape Design – Anderson Brothers Bank, 2711 Agnes Lane
• Outstanding Maintenance of Trees and Landscaping – Broadway at the Beach, 1325 Celebrity Circle
• Outstanding Residential Landscape Design and Tree Preservation – Traci Miles and Jeffrey Skelley Residence, 6500 North Ocean Boulevard
• The Community Appearance Board Chairman’s Award – TD Bank
• The Greening of Myrtle Beach Municipal Award – Withers Swash
• Most Improved Property – El Cerro, 1002 29th Avenue North