Photos of the Week
Three dozen extremely fit Myrtle Beach youngsters took part in the 12th Annual Kids’ Triathlon last Saturday, August 13, at Pepper Geddings Recreation Center. Most spent the week in triathlon camp, practicing their transitions and pacing themselves in each of three demanding events. The two age groups were 10-and-under and 11-and-older, with each swimming lengths in the pool, bicycling around the neighborhood and running a set distance to complete the full triathlon. Many thanks to Recreation Division staff and volunteers who staged the competition. Here are the winning times for boys and girls in each age group, plus the overall triathlon winner.
- Overall… Ben Mothershead, 23:56
- 11 and Over Boys… Declan Hogan, 29:17
- 11 and Over Girls… Carly Silvia, 30:42
- 10 and Under Boys… Carrig Hogan, 18:06
- 10 and Under Girls… Brynn Roland, 20:57