General Robert H. Reed Recreation Center
800 Gabreski Lane
The Parks, Recreation & Sports Tourism Department manages the General Robert H. Reed Recreation Center, one of the city's four recreation centers. This recreation center, formerly known as the Base Recreation Center, includes the following amenities...
- Large Ballroom
- Wooden Stage
- Meeting Rooms
- Billiard Tables
- Shuffleboard Table
- Dominoes Set
- Chess Board
- Dart Board
- Ping Pong Table
Monday through Friday... 8:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday... By Reservation Only
Free Wi-Fi services are available Monday through Friday during hours of operation. Please bring your own laptop, enjoy some coffee, catch up on the world news and surf the web. If you are interested in teaching a class, workshop or leading a group, contact the Recreation Center Supervisor at 843-918-2381.
EVENTS, LESSONS & PROGRAMS
General Robert H. Reed Recreation Center offers various classes and activities. The recreation center reserves the right to cancel a class that does not meet minimum enrollment numbers, with a full refund provided for cancelled classes. For more information, including program prices and a list of current options, call 843-918-2380.
- Bingo is offered on Wednesdays, from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Participants must bring a prize valued at $1 in order to play (no playtime charge).
- Dance Lessons… Various dance classes teach the latest moves on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays. Examples include square dance, line dance and more. For specific details, call the General Robert H. Reed Recreation Center.
- Guitar Lessons… Lessons are taught by Steve Marino by appointment. Steve offers quick and easy instructions for beginner students to learn theory and technique. Classes occur in one hour increments. Students must provide their own guitar.
- The Pool League meets on Wednesdays in the recreation center’s lobby. The pool tables are open for free play any time during business hours when leagues are not scheduled.
- The Quilting Group meets on Thursdays. Participants make quilts and learn skills from group members.
- Senior Movies... Senior Movies are free for adults and seniors on Fridays at 3:00 p.m. Soft drinks and popcorn are available for $1 each.
- The Table Tennis Club meets on Tuesdays and Thursdays.