Special City Council Meeting
To see all supporting documents, visit our City Council Documents library webpage.
SPECIAL CITY COUNCIL MEETING AGENDA
10:00 A.M., THURSDAY, DECEMBER 19, 2019
COUNCIL CHAMBER, TED C. COLLINS LAW ENFORCEMENT CENTER
1101 NORTH OAK STREET, MYRTLE BEACH, SC 29577
ANYONE WHO REQUIRES AN AUXILIARY AID OR SERVICE FOR EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION OR PARTICIPATION SHOULD CONTACT (843) 918-1004 AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, BUT NO LATER THAN 48 HOURS BEFORE THE SCHEDULED EVENT.
CALL TO ORDER
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
APPROVAL OF AGENDA
DISCUSSION – Discussion of Horry County's position on the proposed Hospitality Fee litigation settlement.
EXECUTIVE SESSION – Council may take action on matters discussed in Executive Session which are deemed to be “emergency” concerns.
Note: South Carolina law requires that Council’s business is conducted in public with limited exceptions, known as “Executive Sessions.” Subjects eligible for Executive Session include:
- Personnel matters.
- Negotiations concerning proposed contractual arrangements and proposed sale or purchase of property.
- The receipt of legal advice relating to:
– A pending, threatened, or potential claim.
– Other matters covered by the attorney-client privilege.
– Settlement of legal claims, or the position of the City in other adversary situations.
- Discussions regarding development of security personnel or devices.
- Investigative proceedings regarding allegations of criminal misconduct.
- Matters relating to the proposed location, expansion, or provision of services encouraging location or expansion of industries or other businesses.
Motions to go into Executive Session must be made in public and specify one or more reason above. Council can take no vote or action in Executive Session.