Monthly City Council Workshop
MONTHLY MYRTLE BEACH CITY COUNCIL WORKSHOP
8:30 A.M., THURSDAY, AUGUST 4, 2022
COUNCIL CHAMBER, TED C. COLLINS LAW ENFORCEMENT CENTER
1101 NORTH OAK STREET, MYRTLE BEACH, SC 29577
ANYONE WHO REQUIRES AN AUXILIARY AID OR SERVICE FOR EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION OR PARTICIPATION SHOULD CONTACT THE CITY CLERK’S OFFICE AT (843) 918-1004 AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, BUT NO LATER THAN 48 HOURS BEFORE THE SCHEDULED EVENT.
B. Reports from City Staff (Approximately 30 to 60 Minutes Each)
- Special Event Ordinance Review
D. Executive Session*
- Planning Commission
*Note: South Carolina law requires that Council’s business is conducted in public with limited exceptions, known as “Executive Sessions.” Subjects eligible for Executive Session include:
- Personnel matters.
- Negotiations concerning proposed contractual arrangements and proposed sale or purchase of property.
- The receipt of legal advice relating to:
- Discussions regarding development of security personnel or devices.
- Investigative proceedings regarding allegations of criminal misconduct.
- Matters relating to the proposed location, expansion, or provision of services encouraging location or expansion of industries or other businesses.
Motions to go into Executive Session must be made in public and specify one or more of the reasons above. Council takes no votes or action in Executive Session. Council may take action on matters discussed in Executive Session which are deemed to be “emergency” concerns upon reconvening in open session.