Doug Shaw Memorial Stadium
Doug Shaw Memorial Stadium is jointly owned by the City of Myrtle Beach and the Horry County School District. The stadium seats 4,500 spectators, 3,500 on the home side and 1,000 on the visitors' side. It features an eight-lane composite track and a Field Turf all-weather playing surface.
The track at Doug Shaw Memorial Stadium is open for public use from 6:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m., Monday through Thursday; from 6:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m., Friday; and from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Saturday. The stadium is closed Sunday. However, special events may preempt public use of the facilities.
The stadium is home to the Myrtle Beach High School Seahawks and a growing list of regional and national track and field events. The city and the schools work together to maximize the stadium's use and community benefit. Here are the current stadium rental rates.
- $1,000 per day (city resident/civic rate)
- $3,125 per day (city resident/non-civic rate)
- $1,670 per day (non-city resident/civic rate)
- $5,419 per day (non-city/non-civic rate)
For additional rental information, contact Blake Barbee at 843-918-2370.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
- Pets are PROHIBITED inside gated areas and playing fields.
- Littering is PROHIBITED.
- Smoking and/or the use of tobacco products in the gated area of the complex is PROHIBITED.
- Personal coolers or outside food or beverages are PROHIBITED inside gated area.
- Park only in designated areas within the parking lots. Vehicles parked on the grass and/or curbsides are subject to ticketing or towing.
- Food, gum and sunflower seeds are PROHIBITED inside gated area.
- Grilling, or any open fires, is PROHIBITED.
- Alcoholic beverages are PROHIBITED in the complex or parking lots.
- Bicycles, skateboards, roller blades or scooters are PROHIBITED in gated areas.
- Climbing on fences, bleachers, trees or railings is PROHIBITED.
- Throwing or hitting balls of any kind into the fences is PROHIBITED.
- Hitting golf balls is PROHIBITED inside the complex.
- Driving stakes into the field is PROHIBITED.
- Weapons are PROHIBITED on the property.
- Trespassing after hours is PROHIBITED.
The City of Myrtle Beach hosts tens of thousands of amateur athletes every year in dozens of tournaments and sporting events. Interested in bringing your team or tournament to the beach? For more information about the Grand Park Athletic Complex and other Myrtle Beach sports facilities, contact:
General Information, 843-918-2394
Blake Barbee, 843-918-2370
Jeff Jacobs, 843-918-2256
To see a list of 2019 Sports Tourism Events scheduled for Ashley Booth Field, Doug Shaw Memorial Stadium, Grand Park Athletic Complex and Ned Donkle Complex, click here. Additional events may be added throughout the year. NOTE: The list excludes events held at other city facilities, including the Myrtle Beach Convention Center and Myrtle Beach Sports Center. For additional information, contact the City of Myrtle Beach’s Sports Tourism Department at 843-918-2278.