Victim Advocate Office
Victim Advocate Division
Ted C. Collins Law Enforcement Center
1011 North Oak Street
The Victim Advocate Division is sect of the City Attorney’s Office. The mission of The Victim Advocate Division is to empower victims of crime by protecting their rights and providing services and resources that could assist in the process of overcoming victimization. This office is responsible for assisting crime victims whose crime occurs in the city limits of Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, and is investigated by the City of Myrtle Beach Police Department.
The Advocates participate in all court proceedings held in the City of Myrtle Beach Municipal Court that involve a crime victim case. They are in the courtroom to provide support and information about the court process. They provide information to crime victims regarding victim compensation and assist in filing for victim compensation through the South Carolina Department of Crime Victim Compensation program. The Victim Advocates also make referrals to other agencies as necessary.
If you are a victim of crime, you have the following rights...
The right to:
- Be treated with fairness, respect and dignity;
- Be free from intimidation or harm throughout the criminal and juvenile justice process;
- Be informed about victims' rights;
- Be reasonably informed about criminal proceedings;
- Be informed if the accused is arrested, released, or escapes;
- Confer with the prosecution before the case is heard in court;
- Be present at criminal proceedings where the accused has the right to be present;
- Be heard at proceedings affecting bond, bail, release, pleas or sentencing;
- Have reasonable access to documents relating to the crime before trial;
- Receive restitution from the adult or juvenile offenders; and
- A reasonable, prompt and final conclusion of the case.
The City of Myrtle Beach Victim Advocate Office is located in the Ted C. Collins Law Enforcement Center, 1101 Oak Street, in Myrtle Beach. The office is open seven days a week, including holidays, but hours do vary based on the court schedule.
In case of emergency, call 911!
City of Myrtle Beach Victim Advocate Office... 843-918-1372
City of Myrtle Beach Clerk of Court... 843-918-1356
City of Myrtle Beach Neighborhood Services... 843-918-1061
J. Reuben Long Detention Center Victim Advocate Office... 843-915-6915
15th Judicial Circuit Solicitor's Office... 843-915-5460
South Carolina Division of Crime Victim Compensation... 803-734-1900; www.sova.gov
South Carolina Victim Assistance Network... 803-750-1200; www.scvan.org
South Carolina Attorney General Crime Victim Ombudsman... 803-734-0357; cvo.sc.gov
Rape Crisis Center... 843-448-7273; victimtosurvivor.org
Family Justice Center... 843-445-2583; www.fjcgtownhorry.org
New Directions... 843-945-4902; helpnewdirections.org
National Center for Victims of Crime... 855-484-2846; victimsofcrime.org
Department of Justice... 800-799-7233; www.justice.gov