Special City Council Meeting
To see the supporting documents, visit the City Council Documents page.
SPECIAL MYRTLE BEACH CITY COUNCIL MEETING
2:00 P.M., TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 27, 2018
COUNCIL CHAMBER, TED C. COLLINS LAW ENFORCEMENT CENTER
1101 NORTH OAK STREET, MYRTLE BEACH, SC 29577
NOTE: CITIZENS ARE INVITED TO ATTEND AND PARTICIPATE IN THE MEETINGS. CITIZENS WHO WISH TO ADDRESS COUNCIL ON NON-AGENDA ISSUES ARE ASKED TO SIGN IN PRIOR TO THE START OF THE MEETING AND STATE THEIR NAMES PRIOR TO SPEAKING. A TOTAL OF 30 MINUTES WILL BE PROVIDED AT THE END OF THE MEETING.
ANYONE WHO REQUIRES AN AUXILIARY AID OR SERVICE FOR EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION OR PARTICIPATION SHOULD CONTACT THE CITY CLERK’S OFFICE AT (843) 918-1004 AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, BUT NO LATER THAN 48 HOURS BEFORE THE SCHEDULED EVENT.
CALL TO ORDER
COMMUNICATIONS FROM CITY COUNCIL AND CITY MANAGER
- Council Communications – Consider a proposal from Benchmark, LLC, to provide additional public input opportunities into the downtown planning process and related matters.
EXECUTIVE SESSION – Council may take action on matters discussed in Executive Session which are deemed to be “emergency” concerns.
NOTE: South Carolina Law requires Council's business is conducted in public with limited exceptions, known as "Executive Sessions." Subjects eligible for Executive Session include:
- Personnel matters.
- Negotiations concerning proposed contractual arrangements and proposed sale or purchase of property.
- The receipt of legal advice relating to...
-- Other matters covered by the attorney-client privilege.
-- Settlement of legal claims, or the position of the City in other adversary situations.
- Discussions regarding development of security personnel or devices.
- Investigative proceedings regarding allegations of criminal misconduct.
- Matters relating to the proposed location, expansion or provision of services encouraging location or expansion of industries or other businesses.
Motions to go into Executive Session must be made in public and specify one or more of the reasons above. Council can take no vote or action in Executive Session.