Planning Commission Staff Technical Review
2:30 p.m., Wednesday, February 28, 2018
First Floor Conference Room, City Hall
937 Broadway Street, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577
A. Call Meeting to Order
B. Matters of Business:
- ANEX 18-02 Kimberling - 9303 Cove Dr: Proposal by Christopher and Dorothy Kimberling to annex 0.47 acres (vacant) at 9303 Cove Dr (Horry County TMS 166-01-06-002) and rezone said property from Horry County’s SF 10 (Single Family Residential) to City of Myrtle Beach’s R-15 (Single Family Residential).
- Z 18-01 Richardson – 404 70th Ave N: Proposal by Hazel Richardson to rezone approximately 0.4 acres located at 404 70th Ave N (Horry County TMS 165-15-10-007) from RMM (Residential Multifamily Medium Density) to MU-M (Mixed Use Medium Density).
- PRE-FIN 18-03 RS Parker Homes – 73rd Ave N: Proposal by RS Parker Homes (David Haddock, Agent) to subdivide 0.27 acres known as Lot 7, 73rd Ave N (Horry County TMS 165-15-06-012) into two lots (max: 6999 sq ft; min: 5002 sq ft) to convey the subdivided parcels.
- TEXT 18-02 Signs on Rear of Buildings: Proposal by the City of Myrtle Beach to amend the code to allow properties on the Superblock to have signage on the rear of the buildings
- TEXT 18-01 Relocate Market Common Entry Sign: Proposal by the City of Myrtle Beach to amend Section 805.K.10 (Market Common Signage Master Plan) to relocate a marquee sign in the Market Common Master Plan overlay. Sign was previously located at Farrow Pkwy and Johnson Ave (Page G2 of the Master Plan).
- STN 18-03 Mountain Hawk Dr: Proposal by Eagles Beachwear to name a driveway to a warehouse off of US Hwy 501 as “Mountain Hawk Dr.”
- TEXT 18-03 Mozingo & Wallace – 82 Dunes PUD: Proposal by Mozingo and Wallace Architects LLC for a Planned Unit Development of 29 single family homes and common areas located in 3.22 acres or property. The property is located off 82nd Pkwy and Nigels Dr. near US Hwy 17 Business, with multiple points of access. Pre-application meeting scheduled with Planning Commission March 6, 2018.
- TEXT 17-08 Ocean Blvd Entertainment Overlay District: Proposal by the City of Myrtle Beach to to establish the Ocean Blvd. Entertainment Overlay District (OBEOD) and regulate family friendly land uses in the overlay.
- TEXT Amendment to Light Manufacturing (LM) District: Proposal to allow for Medical Uses in the Light Manufacturing (LM) district.
C. Meeting Adjournment