Beach Advisory Committee
Second Floor Conference Room, City Hall
937 Broadway Street, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577
ANYONE WHO REQUIRES AN AUXILIARY AID OR SERVICE FOR EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION OR PARTICIPATION SHOULD CONTACT 843-918-1004 AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, BUT NO LATER THAN 48 HOURS BEFORE THE SCHEDULED EVENT.
A. Call to Order
B. Approval of Minutes
- Physical Condition of Beach and Beach Accesses – Public Works Department and Parks Division
- Beach Safety – Police Department
- Fire Department Update
- Beach Franchisee Issues
- Beach Renourishment Update
- Water Quality and Stormwater Update
D. Discussion Items
- Review existing Parasail/Watersports Activity Ordinance and most recent amendment.
- Discuss request by City Council to explore additional locations for "water sports activities."
- Discuss request by City Council to explore allowing "water sports activities" via franchise agreement versus the current "grandfathered" ordinances.
- Review proposal from Myrtle Beach Watersports to provide water sports activities between 8th and 9th Avenues North.
E. Comments from the Public
F. Executive Session (Note: The committee may take action on matters discussed in Executive Session.)